2001 – Present – Founder Urban Academy School
• Envisioned, developed and created an Independent School focused on Arts Infusion, Emotional Intelligence and Cross Grade Learning in a safe and supportive classroom environment within a strong connected community of families.
2001 – 2011 Board Chair Urban Academy School / Board Member 2011-2013
• Researching Independent School Government regulations and requirements,
• Marketing and promotion including print advertising, Open Houses, press releases
• Facilities procurement
• Hiring of Staff: Teaching and Administrative Staff as well as Head of School
- Support, guidance and development of Head of School
- Hiring and development of Staff in partnership with the Head of School
• Researched, developed and created Society by-laws in creating non-profit Society
• Board Development: created and facilitated Board retreats and team building exercises
• Succession Planning, Governance and Nominations
• Strategic Planning: developed a 5 year plan including education, community and facilities goals
• Policy Development, handbooks, guidelines, supervision, administrative duties and preparation for Ministry of Education Inspection and compliance
• Facilitation of Board Meetings
- Formation of and participation on a variety of committees including Finance, Marketing, Governance, Education, Parent Support Group (now Parent Auxiliary), and Events
• Research and hiring of consultants
• Initiation and creation of community events and inclusive culture.
• Created and Supported Teacher Appreciation Week events, Annual Community Holiday Events, Mother’s Day Tea, informal outreach events, Plays, Hyack Parade Participation, Back to School BBQ, Parent Appreciation, Parent Orientation and Annual General Meetings
• Public speaking to groups of a variety of sizes
• Creation of iMovie and PowerPoint presentations
• Creation of a variety of materials, visual aids, reports and meeting minute documents including the quarterly “Boardwalk” newsletter.
2001 – 2010 Admissions Director Urban Academy
• Meeting with and providing tours for interested families,
• Creating and providing various marketing and enrolment materials
• Hosting and promoting Open Houses
• Gathering and reporting Student Data
1992 – Present – Professional Actor – DRUMMOND, LAURA
1992 – Graduate of Studio 58, Top Ranked Conservatory Acting Program, Langara College – highly competitive, intensive program, 1 of 16 students accepted (out of 250-300 applicants) 1 of 5 graduates out of 16 students enrolled
o Recipient of the Anthony Holland Scholarship for outstanding dedication and ability in the program.
1990-1991 One year General Arts program University of Alberta – Drama Major
ADDITIONAL TRAINING , LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES AND COURSES
• 2015 – Shine Live – Business Development Seminar – Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Speaker Training and Networking
• 2015 – Singing Master Class with Peter Jorgenson
• 2014 – Arts Club Acting Intensive – Multidisciplinary conservatory style program that incorporates the best of brain science in its design
• 2013 – Justice – online Harvard course with Michael Sandel
• 2012 – Presentation Dynamics course – Facilitation, Presentation and Public Speaking
• 2011 – Margaret Wheatley Leadership Workshop – Perseverance: Leadership and Service during challenging times
• 2009 – Leadership For and Through Change – Naramata Center- lead by Alison Rennie
• 1994 – 1998 The Pursuit of Excellence, The Wall, Advancement of Excellence, and Conflict Resolution – self development and communication skills courses through Context Associated
• Worked with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, Survey Monkey, Constant Contact
2017 to present: Coordinator and Host of The Flame New West storytelling series
2016 to present- Chair Vancouver Junior Roller Derby Society Board of Directors
2015 – Classic Chic Theatre Company Marketing and Fundraising: Within three weeks co-created a Sponsorship and Donation Package, developed networking relationships personally with businesses by personal calls, emails and one on one meetings. Promoted the Classic Chic Theatre Company, provided Sponsorship information resulting in substantial Sponsorships, and many cash and “In Kind” donations.
2015 – Director, Queen’s Park Residents Association
2015 – Urban Academy Grad Committee Chair: Successfully planned and carried out a Graduation dinner and dance for 90 people.
2014 – Fraser Health Facilitation Workshop: Co-developed a plan to promote positive working relationships between management and staff by implementing effective communication channels and relationships through Storytelling.
2013 – Urban Academy Grad Committee Chair: Successfully planned and carried out a Commencement Ceremony, Graduation dinner and dance for 120 people.
2012 – Urban Academy Gala Committee Chair– Initiated and implemented the first Fundraising Gala (Ten Year Anniversary) for 150 people and exceeded fundraising goals.